Friday, September 19, 2008

Me, Myself & Laziness

Imagination knows no bounds, and so does my laziness. It's been more than 2 weeks and I haven't cleaned my house. Everything, including myself, is scattered all around.......

Well, I wrote these lines 2 hours back and am back after playing pool. I have forgotten what I had in mind when I started writing so it's better to start afresh.

It's been an eventful last few days. Indian intelligence drew a lot of flak, Lehman Brothers went bankrupt, and I got loaded with a lot of work in office....

I am stuck. I am trying to write something sensible but can't think of anything right now. But why should I write anything sensible? After all, the blog is titled 'Desultory Meanderings'. It's a way to express whatever I have in mind. The last time I tried to write something sensible was to vent out my anger after the Delhi blasts. I wrote a few lines but laziness got over me and I went to sleep. And when I woke up, it was too late as everything that I wanted to express was already expressed in some way or the other on various news websites. Anyways, I'll still publish whatever I wrote that day.

"September 14, 2008. The day when the Indian polity was humiliated once again. Humiliated because it's repeated mistakes in the past and not learning from them even a single bit. Delhi blasts are a latest addition to India's long battle with terrorism. It's a battle being fought in our own backyard but unfortunately we are not the ones in control and we are being constantly reminded about that. Terrorists are striking at will; openly challenging us and how do we reply? We discuss. We debate. We condemn. Time and again, our intelligence agencies and police have been caught off guard and it seems that our government is oblivious to this....."

I dozed off again. Enough of this. I am going to finish this post in one go. But I don't feel like writing anything now. I got this sudden urge to overcome my laziness and clean my apartment. I hope to finish it without napping again in between.

No comments: